Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cute Nail Design Idea!

Well, it was four in the morning and who wakes me up?? Harmoni. Thats right, my lovely daughter explaining to me that she spilled juice all over herself and the bed......lol I could get mad...That's right I could. But that's the risk you take when leaving a cup of juice by your five year olds bed side lol....soooooo after cleaning her up and the bed, at 4:30am, I decided what else was there to do, other than MY NAILS lol. So below are some pics I took of what I did. Pretty cool if ya ask me! lol
TRY IT! 
I started out with Sally Hansen Quick Color Pen in Silver Chrome. Then I took Rimmel 60second vinyl shine in Denim Dreams (blue), and swiped it across my nail on an angle from about the middle left corner to the outter most tip of the right corner of my nail. On the right hand I did the same, starting from about the middle right corner to the outter most tip of the left corner. I took a nail art striping brush in white and lined the bottom edge of the blue color about half way. I then took Wild n Crazy brand polish in Belly Up (black) and did the same angular stripe motion in the opposite direction, painting right over the blue in order to overlap it.
I made another white stripe at the bottom of the black color from edge to edge. That gives it the "geometrical" feel you see above. For a little something extra (as if the design isn't extra enough lol), I took the black color and just dabbed three dots following the angle of the line on my index finger. You can be creative and add your own "little something" to it, but I decided to go with that. To finish it off, I put a layer of Sally Hansen's Super Shine top coat to make it sparkle. lol
As you can see I use a lot of different brands of polish, i like different ones for different things, Motives Nail Candy is a good one, it will run you about 5 bucks. If you you wanna go with an even less expensive brand, I'm really fond of Sinful Colors, which you can get at the drug store for like 2 bucks.
Anyhow, I hope you like my design, comment and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment